Over 20,000 Southern Californians Celebrated Red, White & Cruise at Auto Club Speedway
Independence Day festival included live musical performances, carnival rides, parades and fireworks show offering a full day of entertainment for the community to enjoy
San Bernardino County, Calif. (July 8, 2010) – Over 20,000 Southern Californians enjoyed the most spectacular Independence Day celebration in the Inland Empire -- Red, White and Cruise presented by Stater Bros. and Pepsi at Auto Club Speedway on Sunday, July 4th.
When the entrance gates opened at 2 p.m. until the fireworks show at 9:15 p.m., the Auto Club Speedway Opportunity, California FanZone was transformed into the ultimate family-friendly, Fourth of July community festival that celebrated the patriotic spirit of our great nation. Red, White and Cruise offered a full day of entertainment and fun at a fantastic family value that included:
• LIVE Musical Entertainment: Show Dog-Universal Music artist and Country Music Award nominee, Randy Houser from central Mississippi headlined the musical performances with the passion, enthusiasm and conviction that only a true country artist is capable of doing. Along with Houser’s performance, local artists performed throughout the afternoon including Scruggs and Adams, Big Dixie Hooters and the Reno Jones Band.
• Children’s Carnival: Children of all ages enjoyed the activities in the Children’s Carnival presented by Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital including a 60-foot inflatable slide, ferris wheel, rock wall, game booths, circus train, velcro wall, bounce houses, face painting and much more. All carnival rides were free with an admission ticket to Red, White and Cruise.
• Budweiser Spectacular Fireworks: The Independence Day celebration concluded with the much anticipated patriotic and Americana musical score choreographed by Pyro Spectaculars of Rialto, Calif. The view from the grandstands included the thousands of brilliant bursts of pyrotechnic color launched just above the Auto Club Speedway water tower.
• Rockstar Metal Mulisha: The crowd cheered when Rockstar Metal Mulisha took their high-flying, freestyle motocross, daredevil stunt show filled with flips, twists and aerial acrobatics more than 30 feet in the air.
• Extreme Motorcycle Stunts: Professional freestyle stunt bike performers Jason Britton and Team No Limit took fans into the wild world of extreme motorcycle stunts.
• Classic Car Show & Cruise: From a 1948 Chevy Woody Hot Rod to the 1950’s tricked out Cadillacs and Chevys, hundreds of cars were on display in the Opportunity, California FanZone. Red, White and Cruise goers also had the opportunity to witness these classics in action when they cruised around the 2-mile oval.
• Stars & Pipes Motorcycle Ride: Hundreds of riders showed their patriotism during the Stars & Pipes Motorcycle Ride around the track as thousands of cheering fans in the grandstands added to the sound of ground-shaking thunder.
• Independence Day Parade: Country music artist Amy Scruggs kicked off the Independence Day Parade performing the National Anthem, before joining a group of veterans on the Grand Marshal float. Local veterans were honored as Grand Marshals for the Independence Day Parade.
With the tens of thousands of Southern Californians that enjoyed Red, White and Cruise there’s no doubt that Auto Club Speedway has become the leading Independence Day destination for Southern Californians.
In addition to Red, White and Cruise, Auto Club Speedway has given fans even more reasons to visit the premier motorsports facility in the coming months. Headliners KISS, Eminem and Blink-182 will be live on stage when Auto Club Speedway hosts EPICENTER Twenty Ten: The Second Annual Music Festival presented by Right Arm Entertainment on September 25 & 26. Then, NASCAR returns to the southland for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup playoff race – the Pepsi MAX 400 on Sunday, Oct. 10.
For more information on events at Auto Club Speedway visit www.autoclubspeedway.com or call 800-944-RACE (7223).
# # #
About Auto Club Speedway
This October the playoffs go golden! The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup roars into the Golden State and Southern California's Auto Club Speedway. Experience a weekend full of speed beginning with NASCAR Qualifying Day (Oct. 8), followed by the NNS CampingWorld.com 300 (Oct. 9) and culminating with Southern California’s “playoff” race – the Pepsi MAX 400 (Oct. 10).
Free parking, unbelievable menu items and a full weekend of entertainment, live music and fun await fans in the Speedway’s Opportunity, California FanZone.
Pepsi MAX 400 tickets start at $35 and AAA members receive Show Your Card & Save discounts, including a special section with half-priced tickets for kids 12 and under. And don’t forget children 12 and under can sign up for the FREE Auto Club Speedway Lefty’s Kids Club membership to receive FREE admission on Friday and Saturday.
For more information or to purchase tickets call 800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.