Auto Club Speedway Making Race Weekend ‘Rookies’ Feel Like a ‘Pro’ with Special Ticket Package
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, CALIF. (Aug. 9, 2010) – Auto Club Speedway once again wants to make sure your NASCAR “rookie stripe” doesn’t get in the way of having a great time during NASCAR’s Pepsi MAX 400 weekend Oct. 8-10 at Auto Club Speedway.
NASCAR drivers shouldn’t be embarrassed to show off their “Rookie Stripe” – a yellow rear bumper that identifies a rookie driver in a NASCAR race. They should instead show it off with pride saying “I’m up for the challenge. Bring it on!” And that is just what Auto Club Speedway’s “First Time Fan Package” intends to do -- make it easy to shed the yellow tape on your back bumper and enjoy the excitement and happenings at Auto Club Speedway like a pro.
For only $99 (a savings of $38) “rookies” receive:
• Reserved grandstand seat (rows 6-10) for the Chase for the Sprint Cup playoff race – the Pepsi MAX 400 on Sunday, Oct. 10.
• Pre-Race Pit Pass – the place to be before the action on the track starts.
• Racing Electronics scanner rental -- a handheld device that offers in-car audio feeds, the MRN radio broadcast and other special features to get you through your first race.
• $10 in food vouchers to experience race day goodies like Gordon Biersch garlic fries and Sprinkles Cupcakes.
• “How To” First Time Fan Flyer – your instructions on how to have a great day at Auto Club Speedway from how to experience the Opportunity, California FanZone to “Who’s playing on stage?” to “Where can I get a Sprinkles Cupcake?”
• “My first race” pin to wear proudly and tout the fact you no longer have your yellow stripe!
• Parking pass
For only $75 (a savings of $37):
• General Admission ticket for the CampingWorld.com 300 NNS race on Saturday, Oct. 9 to see Danica Patrick’s West Coast return to Auto Club Speedway.
• Pre-Race Pit Pass
• Racing Electronics scanner rental
• $10 in food vouchers
• “How To” First Time Fan Flyer
• “My first race” pin
• Parking pass
This offer expires on Sept. 30, so act now and take the first step in losing your rookie stripe, call 800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.
About Auto Club Speedway
This October the playoffs go golden! The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup roars into the Golden State and Southern California's Auto Club Speedway. Experience a weekend full of speed beginning with NASCAR Qualifying Day (Oct. 8), followed by the NNS CampingWorld.com 300 (Oct. 9) and culminating with Southern California’s “playoff” race – the Pepsi MAX 400 (Oct. 10).
Free parking, unbelievable menu items and a full weekend of entertainment, live music and fun await fans in the Speedway’s Opportunity, California FanZone.
Pepsi MAX 400 tickets start at $35 and AAA members receive Show Your Card & Save discounts, including a special section with half-priced tickets for kids 12 and under. And don’t forget children 12 and under can sign up for the FREE Auto Club Speedway Lefty’s Kids Club membership to receive FREE admission on Friday and Saturday.
For more information or to purchase tickets call 800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.