SoCal Race Fans to Kick Off the 2011 NASCAR Season with the Daytona 500 Viewing Party at ESPN Zone, Downtown Disney
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, Calif. (Feb. 9, 2011) – Expect nothing short of a NASCAR invasion when fans far and wide roll into Downtown Disney in Anaheim, Calif. for the Official Auto Club Speedway / NASCAR Daytona 500 Viewing Party and Fan Festival on Sunday, February 20. It’s THE PLACE for Southern Californians to party with fellow race fans, kicking off the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ season with the “Great American Race” – the Daytona 500.
Auto Club Speedway and NASCAR along with ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney, Sprint and RideMakerz teamed up to bring a number of FREE activities surrounding the 53rd running of the Daytona 500 that the entire family will enjoy:
• Watch the Daytona 500 on ESPN Zone’s 16-foot big screens and over 120 HD TV’s. Doors open at 9 a.m., and the green flag is set to wave at 10 a.m.PT
• Check out the NASCAR Street Tour with interactive video games
• Race against family and friends at the NASCAR Tire Changing Competition
• Get in a go kart at the K1 Indoor Go Karting display
• Compete in the Daytona USA 2 Racing Challenge at ESPN Zone
• Photo opportunity with authentic NASCAR stock cars
• Sprint's 4G Mobile Roadshow will be onsite and fans are invited to experience the power of 4G on the latest Sprint devices. "Test drive" the NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile™ application, available at no additional cost to Sprint customers with any data plan, and receive 2 free movie tickets. Plus, enter to win two HTC EVO Shift™ 4G devices from HTC and Sprint
• Chance to win prizes and giveaways including Auto Club 400 tickets, t-shirts, hats, DVDs, key chains and more
• Auto Club Speedway season ticket holders wearing their 2010 or 2011 Hard Cards will receive discounts to Ridemakerz and a free $15 ESPN Zone Game Card
• Special ticket offers available including service fees waived for any Auto Club 400 tickets and packages purchased at the Daytona 500 Viewing Party
• And much more!
The Daytona 500 Viewing Party is a FREE event and the perfect setting to get with fellow NASCAR Sprint Cup Series enthusiasts and NASCAR newbies to talk shop before NASCAR rolls into Southern California for the Auto Club 400, March 25-27 at Auto Club Speedway.
For more information on the Daytona 500 Viewing Party at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney District or the Auto Club 400 race weekend at Auto Club Speedway, March 25-27 call 1-888-849-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.
About Auto Club Speedway
Look for some amazing racing when the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series returns to Auto Club Speedway for the Auto Club 400 on March 27. After last October’s NSCS race, drivers, media and spectators proclaimed that race as possibly the best ever at Auto Club Speedway- five-wide racing at over 200 mph on the NASCAR circuit! For tickets call 800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com for more information.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 48.8 million customers at the end of the third quarter of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Common Cents Mobile and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
VIEWING PARTY INFORMATION
DAYTONA 500 VIEWING PARTY
DATE: Sunday, February 20th
TIME: Doors open at 9am. Green flag at 10am.
1545 Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim, CA 92802
Hours: Sunday 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
DOWNTOWN DISNEY PARKING
The Downtown Disney District parking lot is conveniently located next to the action and offers free parking for up to 3 hours — or up to 5 hours of free parking with validation from participating locations.