Auto Club Speedway Asks for Your Support in Making the Kazoo the Official Musical Instrument of America
Kazoos, bubblegum highlight $35 Ticket Tuesdays
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, Calif. (Dec. 14, 2011) – Did you know that the kazoo was invented over 160 years ago in the USA? Ever since then fans young and old have been campaigning to make it the official musical instrument of America. Now is the time to step-up and do your part. By participating in “$35 Ticket Tuesdays” in January Auto Club Speedway will hand over a FREE kazoo, but it is up to you to tell the world how awesome it is!
In addition to National Kazoo Day in January, Auto Club Speedway will celebrate National Bubblegum Day in February and National Make Your Own Holiday Day in March. Each Tuesday during the months of January, February and March, Auto Club Speedway will give away “extra goodies” to anyone who mentions “Ticket Tuesday” when purchasing a $35 ticket to the Auto Club 400 on March 25. But hurry, these extra incentives are sure to go quickly.
Beginning Tuesday, Jan. 3, be the first to take advantage of one of the most unique and what has become one of the most talked about ticket promotions. These offers are sure to be all the rage among NASCAR fans and will be available for a limited time only. Get your goodies – while supplies last – by calling 800-944-RACE (7223) or visiting the Speedway ticket office on Tuesday’s between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
· During the month of January, to celebrate National Kazoo Day on January 28: Buy a $35 ticket on any Tuesday in January and you will get your very own kazoo - feel free to start your own band. When you are a big-time kazoo playing star don’t forget who got you started.
· During the month of February, to celebrate National Bubblegum Day on February 3: Buy a $35 ticket on any Tuesday in February and receive a pack of bubblegum. Did you know that according to the Guinness Book of World Records the largest bubblegum bubble ever blown is 20 inches in diameter? We are positive that one of our fans can beat that!
· During the month of March, we celebrate National Make Your Own Holiday Day on March 26: Buy a $35 ticket on any Tuesday in March and receive our assurance that we will fully support a special day of any kind or any holiday you decide to make up (within reason) – especially if you make the day “National Auto Club Speedway Day!”
The 2012 edition of “Ticket Tuesdays” follows past promotions that have included:
· A three-in-one – compass, whistle and light – to help you find your way back if you fell prey to Extraterrestrial Abductions Day.
· The official Auto Club Speedway lip balm to celebrate “Kiss and Make Up Day”
· A pirate eye patch and pirate hat to celebrate National “Talk Like A Pirate Day”
For numerous ticket packages starting as low as $35 visit www.autoclubspeedway.com or call
# # #
About Auto Club Speedway: Auto Club Speedway, is a two-mile oval located in Fontana, California and is home to a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race each March. The track also hosts the IZOD IndyCar Series, Historic Sports Car Festival, NHRA drag racing on the track’s Auto Club Dragway, and community events including Red White & Cruise, the annual Fourth of July celebration. In addition to auto racing and community events, the Speedway is home to numerous movies, television and commercial productions, photo shoots, new car testing, club racing and a variety of racing schools. The track is active for more than 320 days every year.
Tickets to NASCAR and IndyCar Weekend at Auto Club Speedway are on-sale now. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 1-800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com. For more information on event lodging, visit the Hilton Garden Inn, Fontana, the official hotel partner of Auto Club Speedway and Auto Club Dragway.