SoCal Race Fans to Rev Up Start of 2012 NASCAR Season with the DAYTONA 500 Viewing Party at ESPN Zone, Downtown Disney® District
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, Calif. (Feb. 21, 2012) – Fans start your engines! And start them at Downtown Disney® District in Anaheim, Calif. for the Official Auto Club Speedway / NASCAR Daytona 500 Viewing Party and Fan Festival on Sunday, February 26. It’s THE PLACE for Southern Californians to party with fellow race fans, kicking off the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ season with the “Great American Race” – the Daytona 500.
Auto Club Speedway and NASCAR along with ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney® District and RIDEMAKERZ® have teamed up to bring a number of activities surrounding the 54th running of the Great American Race that the entire family will enjoy:
- Watch the Daytona 500 on ESPN Zone’s 16-foot big screen and over 120 HD TV’s. Doors open at 9 a.m., and the green flag is set to wave at 10 a.m.PT.
- Check out the NASCAR Street Tour with interactive video games
- Race against family and friends at the NASCAR Tire Changing Competition
- Get in a go kart at the K1 Indoor Go Karting display
- Photo opportunity with authentic NASCAR stock cars
- Chance to win prizes and giveaways including Auto Club 400 tickets, merchandise and more
- Auto Club Speedway Hard Card and Speedway Club Members wearing their 2011 or 2012 Hard Cards will receive a free $15 ESPN Zone Game Card
- Lefty’s Kids Club Members wearing their Lefty’s Hard Card will receive a complimentary $10 ESPN Zone Game Card
- Special ticket offers available including service fees waived for any Auto Club 400 tickets and packages purchased at the Daytona 500 Viewing Party
- And much more!
The Daytona 500 Viewing Party is open to the public and the perfect setting to get with fellow NASCAR Sprint Cup Series enthusiasts and NASCAR newbies to talk shop before NASCAR rolls into Southern California for the Auto Club 400, March 23-25 at Auto Club Speedway.
For more information on the Daytona 500 Viewing Party at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney® District or the Auto Club 400 race weekend at Auto Club Speedway, March 23-25 call 1-888-849-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.
About Auto Club Speedway: Auto Club Speedway, is a two-mile oval located in Fontana, California and is home to a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race each March. The track also hosts the IZOD IndyCar Series, Historic Sports Car Festival, NHRA drag racing on the track’s Auto Club Dragway, and community events including Red White & Cruise, the annual Fourth of July celebration. In addition to auto racing and community events, the Speedway is home to numerous movies, television and commercial productions, photo shoots, new car testing, club racing and a variety of racing schools. The track is active for more than 320 days every year.
Tickets to NASCAR and IndyCar Weekend at Auto Club Speedway are on-sale now. For more information or to purchase tickets, call 1-800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com. For more information on event lodging, visit the Hilton Garden Inn, Fontana, the official hotel partner of Auto Club Speedway and Auto Club Dragway.