FONTANA, Calif. – (Nov. 9, 2016) - Let the celebration begin!
To kick-off Auto Club Speedway’s 20th Anniversary, NASCAR XFINITY Series Driver, Daniel Suárez and Speedway President Dave Allen, surprised 100 fans today by unveiling a 20th Anniversary paint scheme on the official Auto Club Speedway show car. The paint scheme features a photo collage design of over 650 images of victory lane celebrations, celebrities, racing moments and NASCAR fans over the years.
A vinyl plaque on the hood of the car sums up the sentiments of Auto Club Speedway President Dave Allen: “This car is dedicated to all loyal fans, employees, partners and racers who have made Auto Club Speedway Southern California’s premier motorsports facility. Thank you for your continued support and passion for our sport and our track. Pass on your racing passion.”
The unique car was unveiled following an exclusive Q&A for Hard Card Members (season ticket holders) with Allen and Suárez, Joe Gibbs Racing driver of the No. 19 ARRIS Toyota Camry in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, the 2015 NXS Sonoco Rookie Driver of the Year and Lefty’s Kids Club President.
Auto Club Speedway will now officially celebrate 20 years of racing with a ‘Track Reunion’ theme at Southern California’s premier motorsports venue between now and March 24-26, 2017 when NASCAR makes its only stop in Southern California for Auto Club 400 Weekend.
Fans can relive 20 years of history leading up to and during NASCAR Race Weekend. Some highlights include:
- Scrolling through photos and an interactive timeline at www.autoclubspeedway.com/reunion of motorsports milestones from Roger Penske’s vision of a world-class facility in Southern California to Jeff Gordon’s inaugural California 500 in 1997. From Gil de Ferran’s closed course qualifying world record of 241+MPH run in 2000 to Jimmie Johnson’s (aka Superman) visit to Victory Lane in 2016.
- Launching in early 2017, NASCAR drivers will share their answers to the ever-popular Yearbook superlatives such as “Class Clown”, “Most Likely to Get into an Argument” and “Best Hair” as part of an online Track Reunion Awards series where fans can vote to win weekly giveaways.
- During race weekend, fan engagement will include a special Q&A with racing legends, historic show cars on display in the O’Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone, an Infield Homecoming bash and musical entertainment. A special “Yearbook” themed souvenir program will also be available to purchase full of past memories and driver “well wishes.”
Also, a limited edition lapel pin is available as part of the 20th Anniversary Track Reunion Ticket Package that also includes a Reserved Ticket to Auto Club 400, a General Admission ticket to XFINITY race and Pre-Race Pit Pass for both days for $129 per person. To purchase tickets to NASCAR’s Auto Club 400 Weekend, call 1-800-944-RACE (7223), shop online at www.autoclubspeedway.com, or stop by the Auto Club Speedway ticket office at 9300 Cherry Ave. in Fontana. Ticket office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Leading up to race weekend, Auto Club Speedway will announce additional “Track Reunion” experiences. In the meantime, follow Auto Club Speedway and use #ACS20 to share your racing memories by tagging @ACSUpdates on Twitter or @AutoClubSpeedway on Facebook and Instagram.
About Auto Club Speedway:
Located 50 miles east of Los Angeles in Fontana, Auto Club Speedway is California’s premier motorsports facility, hosting over 320 days of track activity each year including the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 weekend, March 24-26, 2017. The two-mile D-shaped oval is one of the fastest tracks on the circuit. The Speedway is also home to numerous movies, television and commercial productions, photo shoots, new car testing, club racing and a variety of racing schools. For more information on events at Auto Club Speedway call 1-800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.
- WALK THE SPEEDWAY TO FIGHT CANCER: LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY’S LIGHT THE NIGHT RETURNS TO AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
- FIVE MOTORSPORT GIFT IDEAS FOR FATHER’S DAY
- LARGEST PORSCHE EVENT IN THE SOUTHWEST
- 2019 NASCAR Auto Club 400 Date Set at Auto Club Speedway
- From the pole to the checkered flag, reigning Monster Energy NASCAR Cup champion Martin Truex Jr. wins first Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway