Fontana, Calif. - January 10, 2017 - It was June 22, 1997 when California native and racing legend Jeff Gordon captured the checkered flag for the inaugural NASCAR California 500 race. Fast forward 20 years and race fans will have the chance to reunite with Jeff Gordon through a special ticket package at the 2017 NASCAR
Auto Club 400 race weekend, March 24-26.
Jeff Gordon, now a member of the FOX Sports broadcast team, remembers the day NASCAR returned to Southern California. Watch video highlighting 1997 NASCAR race and Jeff Gordon
“I just remember there was a lot of excitement around the race,” the four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion recalled. “It’d been a long time since NASCAR Cup Series went to Southern California and then to do it in such a spectacular way at this beautiful two-mile facility. And for me, going back to my home state meant a lot and was a big deal. Going there and winning that inaugural race certainly meant a lot to me.”
Jeff Gordon Ticket Package is $99 per person and available through March 10, 2017. It includes:
- Reserved ticket tothe Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Auto Club 400 race - March 26
- General admission ticket to the NASCAR Xfinity Series NXS 300 race – March 25
- Pre-Race Pit Pass for both days
- Q&A with Jeff Gordon on race weekend
- Commemorative lapel pin honoring Jeff Gordon’s 1997 win
- $10 from each ticket package will be donated to the Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation
To purchase tickets or upgrade ticket packages to NASCAR’s Auto Club 400 Weekend at Auto Club Speedway, call 1-800-944-RACE (7223), shop online at www.autoclubspeedway.com, or stop by the Auto Club Speedway ticket office at 9300 Cherry Ave. in Fontana. Ticket office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
About Auto Club Speedway:
Located 50 miles east of Los Angeles in Fontana, Auto Club Speedway is California’s premier motorsports facility, hosting over 320 days of track activity each year including the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 weekend, March 24-26, 2017. The two-mile D-shaped oval is one of the fastest tracks on the circuit. The Speedway is also home to numerous movies, television and commercial productions, photo shoots, new car testing, club racing and a variety of racing schools. For more information on events at Auto Club Speedway call 1-800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.
- WALK THE SPEEDWAY TO FIGHT CANCER: LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY’S LIGHT THE NIGHT RETURNS TO AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
- FIVE MOTORSPORT GIFT IDEAS FOR FATHER’S DAY
- LARGEST PORSCHE EVENT IN THE SOUTHWEST
- 2019 NASCAR Auto Club 400 Date Set at Auto Club Speedway
- From the pole to the checkered flag, reigning Monster Energy NASCAR Cup champion Martin Truex Jr. wins first Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway