FONTANA, Calif. (March 6, 2017) — Two F/A-18E Super Hornets, provided by the TOPHATTERS of Strike Fighter Squadron FOURTEEN (VFA-14) will provide the flyover for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Auto Club 400 on March 26.
Fighting FOURTEEN, which operates 12 Super Hornets out of NAS Lemoore, Calif., is home to the Navy’s Command Strike Fighter Wing Pacific (CSFWP). VFA-14’s history dates back nearly a century, making them the “Oldest and Boldest” squadron in the United States Navy.
Since transitioning to the F/A-18E Super Hornet, the TOPHATTERS have flown missions in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF), Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF), and recently returned from a routine deployment aboard the USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) to the Western Pacific (WESTPAC) Area of Responsibility.
For a compilation of video footage taken from Fighting FOURTEEN’s 2016 routine deployment, click here.
To see the Super Hornets, purchase tickets to the Auto Club 400 by calling 1-800-944-RACE (7223), or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.
- TICKET RENEWALS NOW OPEN FOR 2019 NASCAR AUTO CLUB 400 RACE
- WALK THE SPEEDWAY TO FIGHT CANCER: LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA SOCIETY’S LIGHT THE NIGHT RETURNS TO AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
- FIVE MOTORSPORT GIFT IDEAS FOR FATHER’S DAY
- LARGEST PORSCHE EVENT IN THE SOUTHWEST
- 2019 NASCAR Auto Club 400 Date Set at Auto Club Speedway