FONTANA - Calif. (June 5, 2017) - PizzaOvens.com and sponsors will attempt to break the record for the Longest Pizza at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana by making a 7,000' (1.3 miles) pizza on Saturday, June 10, 2017. The event is scheduled from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and is free to the public.
Pizza assembly will begin from outside of turn 3 of the legendary NASCAR oval track along the tram route to the fan zone where a designated area will be sectioned off for the public to watch the pizza cook.
Live entertainment will be in the fan zone from 12-5 p.m. and the pizza is expected to be done around 4 p.m. In addition, PizzaOvens.com has partnered with GroovyKids Yoga to offer a free 45-minute family yoga class at 10 a.m.
Officials from Guinness World Records will be present to document the challenge and officially judge the record attempt.
• The dough weighs about 17600 lbs
• The sauce will weigh about 5,600 lbs
• The cheese will weigh about 3,600 lbs
• Total weight of the pizza = 26000 lbs at around 7,000’
• The scaffolding is provided by At-Pac Scaffolding Solutions and erected by Scaffold Works and Capstone Scaffolding.
• At its peak, the oven will be moving at around 1 ft’/Sec. The assemblers will need to work fast or the oven will catch up with them. The oven is cooking at around 900°F; once it starts its journey it cannot pause or stop.
• The assemblers made up of top pizzaiolos from across the U.S. will be rotated every 4 hours to stay fresh. It is projected the 7000’ pizza should be ready to cut and served around 4PM.
For more information, visit www.longestpizza.com.
Official Press Release: www.pizzaovens.com
Fash Asvadi - Director- Pizzaovens Inc./ Project Manager- World’s Longest Pizza
+1 877.367.6836 FAsvadi@Pizzaovens.com
Onsite Media Assistance: Team leaders with white t-shirts with event logo are able to assist media to connect with Fash.
- LARGEST PORSCHE EVENT IN THE SOUTHWEST
- 2019 NASCAR Auto Club 400 Date Set at Auto Club Speedway
- From the pole to the checkered flag, reigning Monster Energy NASCAR Cup champion Martin Truex Jr. wins first Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway
- Logano and Team Penske Ford Team Dominate Roseanne 300
- 2017 Auto Club 400 champion Kyle Larson dips his feet into Auto Club Speedway’s Walk of Fame in his latest California homecoming