FONTANA, Calif. – (October 4, 2017) – Similar to a NASCAR race, high school marching bands are battling to win first place as part of a new fundraising program offered by Auto Club Speedway. Open to Southern California high schools, the Battle of the Marching Bands program will raise funds for band programs and the opportunity to perform at the pre-race ceremony to kick-off the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Auto Club 400 race on March 18, 2018
“Marching bands love putting on a show and our track puts on a great NASCAR show too,” said Dave Allen, President of Auto Club Speedway. “This is a competitive and fun program for young musicians to have the chance to perform at one of the largest sporting events in Southern California.”
Here’s how the Battle of the Marching Bands works:
- Participating marching bands must sell a minimum of 100 tickets to qualify for the first place in the competition.
- Marching bands will earn $5 for each 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Auto Club 400 ticket sold.
- The winning marching band will earn an additional $5 per ticket sold and perform at the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Auto Club 400 pre-race ceremony.
The High School Battle of the Marching Bands program runs through December 15, 2017. Music departments and high schools can register at www.autoclubspeedway.com/bands
About Auto Club Speedway
Located 50 miles east of Los Angeles in Fontana, Auto Club Speedway is California’s premier motorsports facility, hosting over 320 days of track activity each year including the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Auto Club 400 weekend – March 16-18, 2018. The two-mile D-shaped oval is one of the fastest tracks on the NASCAR circuit. The Speedway is also home to numerous movie, television and commercial productions, photo shoots, new car testing, club racing and a variety of racing schools. For more information on events at Auto Club Speedway call 1-800-944-RACE (7223) or visit www.autoclubspeedway.com.
- KLĒNSKIN NAMED OFFICIAL SUNSCREEN AND PARTNER OF AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
- BIG ALS PARTNERS WITH AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY FOR UPCOMING NASCAR AUTO CLUB 400 RACE WEEKEND
- JERSEY MIKE’S SUBS RENEWS PARTNERSHIP WITH AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
- FANS CAN CELEBRATE IN GATORADE VICTORY LANE AT NASCAR AUTO CLUB 400
- PIT STOPS AT SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES FOR READING CHALLENGE