FONTANA, Calif. – (June 20, 2019) – Building on its mission to create a lasting, positive impact in the community through charitable giving and volunteer efforts, Auto Club Speedway employees took part in two volunteer opportunities over the past two weeks.
On June 14, for the third year in a row, Auto Club Speedway participated in the 8th Annual Feed SoCal Stuff-A-Truck event sponsored by ABC7, benefitting Feeding America Riverside/San Bernardino.
The staff collected non-perishable food items which will help local residents who experience food insecurity. The food donated will assist Feeding America Riverside/San Bernardino, which distributes 2.5 million pounds of food each month to over 425,000 people, more than half of which are children. The Speedway also manned a display from 9 a.m. – 12 noon with the Official NASCAR 2019 Toyota Camry Pace Car.
One week later, staff employees supported the Inland Empire United Way by lending a hand at its School Tools program which provides low-income students and classrooms with NEW, FREE school supplies. The group helped stock the IEUW School Tools Teacher Resource Center located in Rancho Cucamonga which affords teachers from eligible schools the ability to pick up needed supplies for the upcoming school year.
“Auto Club Speedway is an amazing supporter of Inland Empire United Way,” said Crystal Lam, Inland Empire United Way Volunteer Engagement Coordinator. “We are so proud to be able to work with a partner that not only dedicates its time to helping children and families here in the Inland Empire, but does it with such warmth and enthusiasm.”
- Almost Seven Decades Later The West Coast’s Legendary RV Show is Still Wowing Visitors With New Designs and Features
- Auto Club Speedway Flips on the Lights for California Steel Industries 35th Anniversary Employee Dinner
- FORMER NBA STAR BEN WALLACE & WALLACE MOTORSPORTS HOPE TO MAKE MARK AT STEEL CITY R/C SPEEDWAY
- Local Elementary Schools Encouraged to Participate in Lefty’s Reading Challenge to Earn Funds for Libraries
- RENEWALS START ON AUGUST 1 FOR 2020 NASCAR CUP SERIES AUTO CLUB 400 RACE WEEKEND AT AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY