FONTANA, Calif. (Feb. 18, 2020) – Aspiring rock stars from ‘Rockstars of Tomorrow Musicians Academy’ are set to take the stage and take over Gate A at Auto Club Speedway during NASCAR’s Auto Club 400 race weekend, Saturday, Feb. 29 and Sunday, March 1.
Five youth bands from Rockstars Rancho Cucamonga and Chino Hills academies will greet fans with a variety of music as they enter Auto Club Speedway throughout the weekend at Gate A.
Bands scheduled to play during Auto Club 400 Weekend include:
Flames of Fury (Sat. 10am/Sun. 10:15am)
Coming together in the summer of 2019 at the Rockstars of Tomorrow Musicians Academy of Rancho Cucamonga, four boys hit it off as musicians and friends and decided to set fire to the stage as the Flames of Fury. Blake, Eric, Kevin and Nello — just 12 and 13 years old — cover pop-punk icons like Green Day, Blink 182, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Sum 41. Later this year, The Flames of Fury will headline the Ontario Art Walk in March and will serve as musical opener at the Upland Irish Festival, also in March.
Unscripted (Sat. 11:25am/Sun. 9:30am)
This all girl band from Rockstars of Tomorrow in Rancho Cucamonga has been rocking stages all over the Inland Empire since 2018. Ranging in age from 10 to 14, they delight the crowds with a seriously impressive set list including current hits from P!nk, Adele, and Halestorm to classics from Led Zeppelin, No Doubt, and Lenny Kravitz.
Scattered Dreams (Sun. 11am)
Cole, Elyssa, Christian and Henry met as music students at Rockstars of Tomorrow in Rancho Cucamonga. Since forming as a band in 2018, they have developed a tight set of current and classic rock and pop hits. Notable shows include opening for Flock of Seagulls and The Young Dubliners at The Canyon in Montclair, as well as hitting the main stage at the Upland Lemon Festival and Eastvale's Picnic in the Park
The Belle Cats (Sun. 8am)
They might be cute and sassy, but they sure know how to ROCK! Meet the BelleCats ... a talented, all-girl group of 11-12 year old musicians. The band formed in 2019 at Rockstars of Tomorrow in Chino Hills. Come watch the next generation of girl rockers cover Pat Benatar, The Go-Go’s, The Bangles, P!nk, Hole and more!
Double Take (Sun. 8:45am)
Double Take is a band comprised of four, 11-12 year old boys who display the real rock 'n' roll ATTITUDE on stage! The group, from Rockstars of Tomorrow Musicians Academy in Chino Hills, has been together for two years. They perform rock songs from multiple decades ('60s to current). On top of that, all the boys have cool hairstyles which is an important element in the rock music field.
In addition, Auto Club Speedway has the following activities happening during NASCAR race weekend for kids and families:
- Lefty’s Fun Zone - the ultimate kid’s hangout - to jump for joy on a bungee jump, roll around in giant bubble rollers or climb a huge obstacle course.
- Bring a sharpie and autograph book to the NASCAR Xfinity Series Drivers Autograph Session on Friday, Feb.28 from 3:30-4:15 p.m. on the main stage in the Fan Zone
- Witness incredible tricks when riders do tricks with their motorcycles and trucks as part of the Monster Energy Smoke Show!
- Storytime with a NASCAR Driver! A NASCAR Driver will read one of his favorite books to Lefty’s Kids Club members on Sunday, March 1 at 8 a.m. in Lefty’s Fun Zone.
Kids 12 and under with a Lefty’s Kids Club membership get free general admission showing their membership card to NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Practice Day (2/28) and to Qualifying Day and NASCAR Xfinity Series Production Alliance Group 300 race (2/29) with a paid adult. Sign up for a Lefty’s Kids Club Membership at www.leftyskidsclub.com or register on race weekend at Gates A, B and D and receive free admission for Friday and Saturday.
To purchase NASCAR tickets, call 1-800-944-RACE (7223) or www.autoclubspeedway.com.
ABOUT ROCKSTARS OF TOMORROW: Rockstars of Tomorrow teaches hundreds of beginning to advanced musicians how to play and rock their instruments. Its experienced instructors teach all the necessary theory, techniques, and tricks that give students the skills to become a confident and professional musician.
- POPULAR L.A. MURALIST TO HELP HONOR NASCAR CHAMPION JIMMIE JOHNSON
- MARTIN KOVE NAMED GRAND MARSHAL FOR PRODUCTION ALLIANCE GROUP 300 RACE
- CHASE BRYANT TO HEADLINE THE NASCAR AUTO CLUB 400
- Metrolink Offers Special Service to the Auto Club 400 on March 1 in Fontana
- SUNRISE SERVICE IS MORNING TRADITION AT NASCAR AUTO CLUB 400