Information for First-Time Guests
HOW TO PLAN YOUR TRIP TO AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
Racing at Auto Club Speedway is a full day of fun and entertainment, so arrive early to maximize your experience. Review the info below and check out our Guest Guide for vital information about your race weekend.
WHAT TO WEAR
Auto Club Speedway is a large facility - guests should dress casually and comfortably. Wear comfortable shoes that allow for walking. Bring sunscreen since most activities take place during the day. Also remember the Southern California weather and bring extra clothes (a jacket and pants if you are planning to wear shorts), so you are prepared for any temperature changes.
Just remember to be comfortable and have fun at Auto Club Speedway!
NASCAR PRE-RACE PIT PASSES
If you have a NASCAR Pre-Race Pit Pass: Guests must be 18 or over on Friday and Saturday. Attire must remain appropriate for both a major sporting event and a family environment, but has been relaxed to include shorts, open-toed shoes, sleeveless blouses and skirts/dresses in the pits throughout the weekend. Age restriction ENFORCED IN PIT AREA on Friday and Saturday only of race weekend.
Arrive early! Pits must be cleared one (1) hour prior to the race. Security will restrict access and begin clearing the pit area approximately 1 hour 15 minutes prior to the start of the race.
Young race fans ages 12 and under will love the Auto Club Speedway Lefty's Kids Club. As a Lefty's Kids Club member you'll get invited to attend fun events and activities during race weekend and throughout the year. You also get to attend select races for FREE! Click here for more info. Lefty also has a place just for kids called Lefty’s Fun Zone with so many kid-friendly activities planned throughout the weekend! Kids can sign up for a free Lefty’s Kids Club membership at Lefty’s Garage and find out about Lefty’s Scavenger Hunt and story time with a driver plus lots more! Lefty has a special eatery where kids can find some of their favorite foods called Woodie's. Looking for cool gear? Lefty’s got cool stuff and it’s all just for kids!
All fans, regardless of age must have an admission ticket to the Auto Club 400.
Get to the track early to take advantage of the O'Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone. Each race it features live performances, extreme stunt shows, interactive vendor displays, incredible food and more. Get to your seat 30 minutes before the drop of the green flag to watch driver announcements and pre-race ceremonies.
Parking is FREE at Auto Club Speedway. Parking passes are required for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400. Follow the directions on the back of your parking pass for the fastest and easiest route into Auto Club Speedway. Once parked, pay attention to where you have parked. Lot numbers and letter codes will help you find your vehicle after the race. You do not need a parking pass for the INDYCAR race weekend.
O'REILLY AUTO PARTS FAN ZONE MAP
Get your O'Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone map as soon as you come through the gates. It contains a map showing you exactly where to get all of your favorite driver gear and other cool, interactive displays plus a ton of valuable information along with the latest schedule for concerts, shows and activities.
Blue and white information booths are located near all gate entrances and in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone to assist with questions, directions, and disability transportation.
On race day questions can be answered through the Auto Club Speedway texting program. Simply text ACSFAN with a space followed by your question to 69050.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
All items brought through a grandstand gate will be inspected. Fans may enter Auto Club Speedway with the following items:
- Lightweight backpacks similar to those used by school students, no larger than 17 inches.
- One (1) soft-sided bag or cooler no larger than 6" x 6" x 12". Examples include: a soft-sided insulated cooler, a scanner bag, a fanny pack, a purse, a diaper bag, etc. This one bag may be carried in any manner, i.e.: by handle, with shoulder straps, on a belt, etc. The soft-sided insulated cooler may contain ice.
- One (1) clear plastic bag no larger than 18" x 18" x 4". This one bag may be carried in any manner, i.e.: by handle, with shoulder straps, etc. Clear plastic bags may not contain ice.
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, (not in a bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt) and seat cushions carried separately are allowed.
- Seat cushion bags with compartments will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Strollers will be permitted into the O'Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone, but will not be allowed into the grandstand seating areas, elevators or concourse (underneath the grandstands). Auto Club Speedway will not assume any responsibility for strollers left unattended.
UNAUTHORIZED CARRY-IN ITEMS
The following items may not enter the admission gates:
- Firearms, weapons of any kind, fireworks, alcohol (ABC File # 47-397398 Condition 4) and items restricted by Local, State or Federal laws.
- Hard-sided coolers, thermoses, freezer/ice packets and insulated cups of any size.
- Umbrellas, wagons, inline skates, skateboards, bicycles, scooters (motorized and/or manual), etc.
- Glass, aluminum and metal containers.
- Any bags, backpacks, or containers larger than the allowed size. Bags larger than 6x6x12 inch size will not be allowed inside the gates. This includes bags that are folded to fit the allowed size or placed into a clear bag.
- Pets (excluding properly identified ADA escorts).
- Aerosol Cans (Including sunscreen).
None of the above restricted items may be left in or around the gate area. Please return items to your vehicle. Any items left at the gates will be discarded. Auto Club Speedway reserves the right to refuse entry of any item deemed inappropriate.