Fontana, Calif. (March 8, 2018) – Want to bring the kids to a NASCAR race, but not sure what there is to do? Well, Auto Club Speedway is the ultimate motorsports playground for kids to have a blast and make new family traditions during the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Auto Club 400 race weekend – March 16-18, 2018. Lefty, the official mascot of Lefty’s Kids Club, has rounded up the top five things to do and see during race weekend before you buckle up in your seat and watch cars goes over 200 mph!
- Make a pit stop at Lefty’s Fun Zone -- the ultimate family hangout – where you can challenge friends to slot car racing, run around in giant bubble rollers or climb a giant obstacle course. Plus, young race fans can challenge one another at a tire changing competition.
- Kid Rockstars? Yep, the Sugar Bombs will perform on the main stage in the O’Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone. This local alternative rock band is comprised of young musicians - ages 10 to 12 years old! NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne recently jammed with Sugar Bombs – watch video >>>
- Bring a sharpie and autograph book to the NASCAR Xfinity Series Drivers Autograph Session on Friday, March 16 from 4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. on the main stage in the Fan Zone. Be sure to get a wristband at the Auto Club Speedway display that day after 10 a.m.
- Witness incredible tricks with DockDogs® - a canine aquatic competition featuring Big Air, Speed Retrieve and Extreme Vertical in the O’Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone
- Time to read! Wait, what? Yes, NASCAR Driver Kasey Kahne will read one of his favorite books to Lefty’s Kids Club members on Sunday, March 18 at 9:15 a.m. in Lefty’s Fun Zone as part of “Driver Storytime.”
With a race ticket, fans will receive access to the O’Reilly Auto Parts Fan Zone including Lefty’s Fun Zone, concerts, NASCAR driver appearances, autograph sessions, Monster Energy stunt shows, celebrity appearances and other race day fun.
Kids 12 and under with a Lefty’s Kids Club membership get free general admission showing their membership card to NASCAR Qualifying Day (3/16) and NXS 300 race (3/17) with a paid adult. Sign up for a Lefty’s Kids Club Membership at www.leftyskidsclub.com or register on race weekend at Gates A, B and D and receive free admission for Friday and Saturday.
Lefty’s Kids Club is part of Auto Club Speedway’s major youth initiative which provides area youth with a positive and enriching outlook on life inspiring achievement and education in an effort to build future race fans.
To purchase NASCAR tickets, call 1-800-944-RACE (7223), shop online at www.autoclubspeedway.com or stop by the Auto Club Speedway ticket office at 9300 Cherry Ave. in Fontana.
- Auto Club Speedway to Host Unique Drive-Up Graduation Ceremonies for Fontana Unified School District
- NASCAR Returns to Racing with Events at Darlington, Charlotte
- Virtual Racing: eNASCAR iRacing ProInvitational Series
- New IMSA iRacing Series on Thursday's
- A message from Auto Club Speedway President Dave Allen